The Carlsbad Flower Fields is a must-see destination in the spring! This was my first time going and it is definitely something worth checking out. It truly is a mesmerizing experience to be surrounded by all of the brightly colored flowers that overlook the beautiful Pacific Ocean. This would be a super cute date idea or a great place to grab some friends and have a photoshoot! If you’re planning on going before the end of the season, here are some things to keep in mind to ensure you have a spectacular experience.
Plan Your Visit to the Carlsbad Flower Fields
When to see the flower fields in Carlsbad:
- The Carlsbad Flower Fields is open during the spring. For the 2021 season, it is open from March 1st through May 9th, from 9 am to 6 pm daily. You still have some time to visit!
Where to purchase tickets before you go:
- Tickets are only available online and can be purchased here. They are $20 a person and sell out fast, especially on the weekends! The good news is when you go you can stay for as long as you want.
- Face masks are required for everyone (nothing unusual these days).
Where are the Flower Fields in Carlsbad?
- Plug 5704 Paseo Del Norte, Carlsbad, CA 92008 into your phone!
What to Know Before Going to the Carlsbad Flower Fields
You’ll want to buy your tickets ahead of time.
You definitely want to plan ahead of time when you will be going. Tickets sell out super fast, so don’t expect to buy tickets on a Friday night and go the next Saturday morning. My friend and I bought tickets weeks in advance and there were plenty of time slots. However, when my other friend wanted to join last minute, she wasn’t able to get tickets for the same time slot because she had waited until a few days before.
Avoid the crowd.
The Flower Fields is a popular destination on the weekends. To beat the crowd, try going during the weekdays, or buy the first time slot tickets in the morning. I got there right as they were opening up at 9 am and was the first one in line. Plus, you beat the scorching sun later in the day!
Wear comfortable shoes!
Stretching across 55 acres, you will definitely get your walking in! Expect to walk up some hills on some muddy ground. One of my current favorite pairs of shoes is these white platform sneakers. Since they are platform, they give me some height without sacrificing comfort!
Don’t forget your camera!
There are plenty of designated photo areas where you can take off your mask to take a photo. In order to preserve the flowers, there is green tape to remind you not to walk through the fields.
- Shoot at different angles to get a unique shot
- Try going earlier in the day to avoid the bright sun which can cast harsh shadows on your face. Even better, go when it is overcast!
- There are many other photo opportunities besides the fields themselves, such as the Artists Garden (pictures below), the Sweat Pea maze, and the giant blue chairs!
Shop my look:
Places like this remind me why I moved back to San Diego. There is so much beauty that this city has to offer. If you’re planning to visit the Carlsbad Flower Fields, buy your tickets now because there are only a few weeks left in the season.
Check out my other travel guides here!
Planning a trip to Colorado? Here’s a list of activities in Denver, Fort Collins, Boulder, and Estes Park to max out your trip.
Joshua Tree National Park is an absolutely breathtaking national park in the southwest. Learn about some trails you’ll to hit and tips to keep in mind for your visit.